A great new roof, if made using quality materials, and if looked after can last up to 20 years. If you have built a new home with a quality metal roofing material (such as Colorbond® steel) you can expect this amount of time or more before looking to replace your roof.
If you have bought an aged property however, it might be time to look at a roof replacement. Here are some roof tips on what you can do to safely inspect you roof before calling a tradesman:
- Draw a map of your roof on some paper
- Inspect the the outside of your roof during daylight hours from a distance (if possible) i.e. across the road and take note of any sagging, rusted areas or visible holes and note them on your map
- Access your roof space, safely, and inspect the inside roof cavity (i.e., shine a torch around into all corners, ensure another person holds your ladder steady)
- Check for signs of water damage
- Check for daylight shining through any holes
- Check for any vermin damage
- Check for any visual ceiling damage
- Note these on your roof map
If your inspection shows that your roof has significant rusted or deteriorated areas, water damage or light shining through holes it is definitely time to reroof before your most valuable asset, your home, sustains any further damage.
If any or all of the above applies it is time to call in the experts in metal roofing solutions! Request a complimentary roof inspection and quote today!